Updated: July 24, 2018
Our Service: Our mission at Patriot Spouses’ Club is a volunteer-driven, private non-profit organization, which provides philanthropic and educational advancement opportunities to the members of our community through fundraising and social programs while making charitable contributions to our US military and local organizations. We may terminate or suspend your ability to use the service if you breach any of the Terms.
Definitions of key terms are provided at the end.
- How we make changes to this policy: Each time you use the Site, the current version of the Terms will apply. We may amend the Terms from time to time. Accordingly, when you use the Site, you should check the date of this Policy (which appears at the top) and review any changes since the last version. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to change, modify, add or remove any portion of these Terms, in whole or in part, at any time by posting revised terms on the website. Your continued use of the website and/or the services signifies that you accept the changes.
- Who Can use Patriot Spouses’ Club: You may use Patriot Spouses’ Club if you can legally form a binding contract with Patriot Spouses’ Club, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you sign up for Patriot Spouses’ Club, you must provide us with accurate and complete information. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 18 is not allowed. By accessing or using the website and/or service, you are accepting these terms (on behalf of yourself or the entity that you represent) and you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this agreement (on behalf of yourself or the entity you represent.) You may not access or use the website or services or accept this agreement if you are not at least 18 years old. You represent and warrant that you have all necessary right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform the acts required of you hereunder. This Site and its services is intended for participation in the United States only and shall only be construed according to, and governed exclusively by United States law.
- Our license to you: Patriot Spouses’ Club gives you official permission to use our super cool services. These Terms explain all of the details about your use of this service. This agreement is between you and us, not your friend Kevin. Kevin needs to make his own agreement with us. You can’t give him yours. The most current version of these terms is the version that is active. Previous Terms no longer apply.
- Communication: When you become a Patriot Spouses’ Club member or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communication from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this Site through the other services. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communication that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. Additionally, by signing up as a Patriot Spouses’ Club you are subscribing to an email list and are providing your consent to participate in that email list. You may opt-out of that email list at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of any email or contacting our team.
- Event Reservations:
- If you cannot attend, you must cancel by the posted date (event depending), to avoid charges. Non-members may attend their first event with no commitment, however, attendance to additional luncheons requires membership.
- Please read our full Reservation Policy which is included in these Terms of Service.
- Please read our Consitution and By-laws which are part of our Terms of Service.
- This organization does not discriminate in membership on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, mental or physical ability.
- All members, upon joining the organization or renewing their membership with the organization, are advised to read the Constitution and By-Laws.
- Membership shall be comprised of the following:
- Active Members: Active Membership is open to all spouses of all US Military ID card holders, all US-sponsored foreign liaison personnel and all Civilian ID card holders. Active members are entitled to vote, hold office (elected and appointed), and participate in all PSC activities. Active duty and PATRIOT SPOUSES’ CLUB (PSC) FORT SILL, OKLAHOMA, INC. CONSTITUTION Updated January 2017 (Not affiliated with the Department of Defense) 8 civilian employee members’ club activities must be in conformance with the Joint Ethics Regulation. 2. Widows and widowers of Reserve or active duty service members. Gold Star Spouses do not pay dues. 3. Honorary Members— honorary membership may be extended at the pleasure of the Governing Board. The number of Honorary Members shall not exceed five percent (5%) of the total membership. Honorary Members shall have no vote or hold office and shall not be required to pay dues. This membership does not refer to Honorary President(s) or Honorary Advisor(s). 4. Provisional Annual Membership—Provisional Annual Membership shall be extended to those persons, not in any of the above categories with the selection by the Governing Board. Provisional Annual Members shall have club privileges, except holding an elected office. Provisional Annual Members shall be assessed dues. 5. Employees of American Red Cross and Armed Services YMCA and their spouses may become Provisional Members.
- Section B. Membership in the PSC may be terminated for the following reasons: 1. Permanent departure from the area. 2. Nonpayment of dues or bills incurred with the PSC. 3. Written resignation. 4. Change of status affecting membership eligibility. 5. Just cause, upon consideration, and with a majority vote of the Governing Board. Section C. Guests of members are welcome. Anyone eligible for membership may attend one luncheon as a guest of a PSC member.
- Feedback: If you provide Patriot Spouses’ Club with any suggestions, comments or other feedback relating to the Website, samples or Services, Patriot Spouses’ Club may use such Feedback freely and may share the same with Brand Partners. Accordingly, You agree that: (a) Patriot Spouses’ Club is not subject to any confidentiality obligations in respect to Feedback, (b) the Feedback is not confidential or proprietary information of You or any third party and You have all the necessary rights to disclose the Feedback to Patriot Spouses’ Club, and (c) You are not entitled to receive any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from Patriot Spouses’ Club or its Brand Partners. You agree that submission of any ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals to us, including through any suggestion, feedback or forums pages is at your own risk and that we have no obligations with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all right necessary to submit the Feedback. You hereby grant us a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, and fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, adapt, modify, reformat, create derivative works of, and otherwise commercially or non-commercially exploit in any manner, any and all Feedback, and sublicense the foregoing rights without restriction and in all media known and later developed.
- Warranty & Disclaimers: THE SERVICE, CONTENT, AND SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. It should be noted that the Site or Services may contain, or direct you to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. It is terrible that sometimes people are inappropriate. We cannot control what other people post, and we will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site or the Services. You accept and agree that it is beyond our control: To limit which users gain access to the Site or use the Services, What effects the content may have on you, How you may interpret or use the Content, or What actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site or the Services. Patriot Spouses’ Club is a distributor only. We do our best to not work with anyone who posts such content and we would really like it if anything offensive is brought to our attention. Products distributed by Patriot Spouses’ Club are not manufactured by Patriot Spouses’ Club. The products may, however, be covered by each manufacturer’s warranty, service, and support policy (if present). Patriot Spouses’ Club assigns and passes through to the customer any warranty of the manufacturer, and you acknowledge that you shall have recourse only under such warranties and only as against the manufacturer of the products. Patriot Spouses’ Club does not offer warranties on any product, except those stated in this document.
- Links & Framing: Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Services, including unauthorized framing of or linking to the Sites will be investigated, and appropriate legal action may be taken. Some links, however, are welcome to the site and you are allowed to establish hyperlink to appropriate part within the site provided that: (i) you post your link only within the forum, chat or message board section; (ii) you do not remove or obscure any advertisements, copyright notices or other notices on the placed at the site; (iii) the link does not state or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of your site and (iv) you immediately stop providing any links to the site on written notice from us. You must check the copyright notice on the homepage to which you wish to link to make sure that one of our content providers does not have its own policies regarding direct links to their content on our sites.
- Third-Party Services: The Services may contain links to third-party websites. When you click on a link to a Third-Party Website, we will not warn you that you have left the services and are subject to the Terms of Service (including privacy policies) of another website or destination. The Third-Party Websites are not under the control of Patriot Spouses’ Club. Patriot Spouses’ Club is not responsible for any Third-Party Websites. We provide these Third-Party Websites only as a convenience and do not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Websites or their products or services. You use all links in Third-Party Websites at your own risk. You should review applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of all Third-Party Websites, and should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any translation with any such third party.
- Intellectual Property Rights: The Web allows people throughout the world to share valuable information, ideas, and creative works. Isn’t that neat? To ensure continued open access to such materials, we all need to protect the rights of those who share their creations with us. Although we make the Site freely accessible, we don’t intend to give up our rights, or anyone else’s rights, to the materials, appearing on them. The materials available on the site shall remain the property of Patriot Spouses’ Club and/or its licensors, and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. You acquire no proprietary interest in any such rights. Furthermore, you may not remove or obscure the copyright notice or any other notices contained in the site or anything retrieved or downloaded from them. You hereby acknowledge that all rights, titles, and interests, including but not limited to rights covered by the Intellectual Property Rights, in and to the site, and that You will not acquire any right, title, or interest in or to the site except as expressly set forth in this Agreement. You promise not to steal our stuff and claim it as your own. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any of our services, software, or documentation, or create or attempt to create a substitute or similar service or product through use of or access to the Program or proprietary information related thereto. You also promise not to copy exactly what we do for your own profit. By submitting Public Content or any other content on the site or otherwise through the service, you grant Patriot Spouses’ Club a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, copy, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise fully exploit the contents in connection with the site, the service and Patriot Spouses’ Club; (and its successors and assigns’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the site (and derivative works thereof) or the service in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites, and feeds). Anything you share with us can be used by us. You also grant each user of the site and/or the service a non-exclusive license to access your content through the site and the service, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative work of, display and perform such content in connection with their use of the site and service.
- Photography & Filming Notice: You have read our Photography & Filming Notice too, right? If yes, then you already know that what is covered in that notice is bound by these terms. To sum them up we take pictures and film at events, and attending an event means you consent to such image creation and have no rights to the images or how they are used. If you haven’t read them please find them here.
- Liability Waiver: We hold luncheons, events, and other programming that you show up and participate in. When you agree to these terms you are also agreeing to be bound by our Liability Waiver. In summary, we make every effort to ensure that events are safe to participate in but we are not liable for when they do happen.
- Limitation of Liability: IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES Patriot Spouses’ Club MAXIMUM LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO $100. Patriot Spouses’ Club SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE UPON A CLAIM OR ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT, INDEMNITY OR CONTRIBUTION, OR OTHER CLAIMS RELATING TO THE PRODUCTS IT SELLS WHICH EXCEEDS THIS LIABILITY LIMIT. Patriot Spouses’ Club SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, FOR DAMAGES AGAINST THE CUSTOMER, OR FOR MALFUNCTION, DELAYS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, WHETHER OR NOT Patriot Spouses’ Club HAS BEEN MADE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH CLAIMS OR DAMAGES. Members and users of the Site and Service shall hold harmless Patriot Spouses’ Club and its Brand Partners, and all employees, from and against any and all damages of any kind (including reasonable attorney fees and costs) arising out of any action or proceeding by any third party bases upon: (i) Influencers breach of this Agreement, (ii) and Content, information, work product or material supplied, uploaded or posted by an Influencer; (iii) the infringement of the rights of any person or entity related to the use of any Content of Publicity Materials under this Agreement; or (iv) Influencer’s negligence, fraud, or willful misconduct. Influencer will give Patriot Spouses’ Club prompt written notice of any claim that any Content or Publicity Material infringes the rights of a third party. We make no representation that the operation of our site will be uninterrupted or error-free, and we will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors. We may change, restrict access to, suspend or discontinue the site or any part of it at any time. The information, content, and services on the site are provided on an “as is” basis. When you use the site and or participate therein, you understand and agree that you participate at your own risk.
- Waiver & Serviceability of Terms: Sometimes we miss things. If there is a violation of these terms that we do not catch right away, that does not mean that the violation is allowed. These terms are always in effect and will remain so in their entirety while we find and remedy any problems. Any waivers allowed will be on a case by case basis and cannot be used for any other breaches. In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is found invalid or unenforceable pursuant to any judicial decree or decision, such provision shall be deemed to apply to the maximum extent permitted by law, and the remainder of these Terms of Service shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.
- Entire Agreement: This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Oklahoma, without any reference to the conflict-of-laws principles. The agreement describes and encompasses the entire agreement between us and you, and supersedes all prior agreements with respect to the Site, the content and materials provided by or through the Site, and the subject matter of this agreement.
- Choice of Law Jurisdiction; Forum: We are from Oklahoma and will handle all of our legal matters here. Regardless of where you may live or your local laws, we are only bound by the laws of our courts. Any dispute, controversy or difference which may arise between the parties out of, in relation to, or in connection with this agreement is hereby irrevocably submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction in the courts of Oklahoma.
- Term: This Agreement will remain in full force and effect when you use the Website. You may unsubscribe from our emails at anytime. We may terminate your subscription to our emails for any reason at any time. Even after your subscription is terminated, certain sections of this Agreement will remain in effect.
- Parties: These Terms are a contract between you and Patriot Spouses’ Club
- Contact Us If You Have Any Questions: If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Terms, please contact us.
In this policy, the following definitions are used:
- Agreement: The entire Terms of Service described her between Patriot Spouses’ Club and users of the Site and Service.
- Public Content: refers to information that you submit or post to or through the site and/or service for public display, such as photos, comments, reviews, and your public profile information.
- Confidential Information: All non-public, confidential or proprietary information.
- Site: the Patriot Spouses’ Club Website.
- SPAM: sending unsolicited e-mail or sending of emails that are misleading, spoofed, contain misleading subject lines, contain inaccurate or misleading sender or recipient data, or violate applicable State or Federal Statute. Also includes similar, abusive behavior in a third party or “chat room” or website or sending of unsolicited or misleading Instant Messages, Chatroom, Newsgroup, ICQ or IRC messages. Such behavior could include automatically sending scripted text (and website URLs) disguised as “chat” or conversation into any third party chat room.
- Terms of Service: aka Terms.